Fayette Alliance’s Commitments for 2014
Lexington-Fayette County is such a special place, and by growing more sustainably, we can secure a better economic and environmental future for all us.
We are committed to advancing the following land-use policies at city hall and beyond—to achieve a world-class city in a world-class Bluegrass landscape. Together, we can make a difference in Lexington. Please let us know what you think…for our town, our farms, and our future:
• Protect key agricultural areas from adverse development and encroachment.
• Promote the efforts of the LFUCG Purchase of Development Rights Program and the Bluegrass Conservancy, which preserves the factory floor of Fayette County farming forever.
• Promote multimodal trail facilities that responsible showcase our iconic and productive Bluegrass Farmland.
• Promote the renovation and improvement of infrastructure that services Lexington, including our sanitary sewer, stormwater, water quality, and transportation facilities.
• Promote the healthy and responsible development of land inside our current Urban Services Area using various programs such as the land-bank authority, abandoned urban property commission, enterprise zones, tax increment financing and other incentives, design guidelines and overlays, efficient and transparent land-use planning processes, and the LFUCG Downtown Masterplan and other small-area planning initiatives.
• Promote environmentally sensitive, energy efficient, and sustainable development using incentive programs that encourage best management practices, and local greenway and parks systems.
• Promote increased access to affordable housing through incentive programs, and potentially an affordable housing trust fund. Affordable housing is a housing cost that does not exceed 120% of median income.Learn more