Matt Miniard- 2018 Primary Candidate Questionnaire
Running for: Urban County Council At-Large
1. What is the biggest challenge and opportunity facing the city of Lexington and your district (if applicable)?
SOCIAL EQUALITY; LACK OF AFFORDABLE HOUSING, SOCIAL JUSTICE, LACK THEIR OF
2. The newly adopted Goals and Objectives of the 2018 Comprehensive Plan prioritize infill/redevelopment as a primary strategy to accommodate our growth needs. In fact, studies indicate there are many infill/redevelopment opportunities throughout the city. What specific recommendations do you have to protect the character and context of existing neighborhoods while pursuing this needed strategy? Would you support a program that provides incentives for infill/redevelopment projects within the Urban Services Area? If so, what specific types of incentives.
The newly adopted Goals and Objectives of the 2018 Comprehensive Plan; Are NOT ADEQUATE TO ACCOMMODATE FUTURE GOWTH NEEDS AND LACKS “SOCIAL EQUALITY” DUE TO CONFLICTING GOALS; WHEREBY SOME NEIGHBORHOODS WILL HAVE TO BE ADDED TO HISTORICALLY SIGNIFICANT STATUS WHILE OTHERS WILL NOT. THE HISTOICALLY SIGNIFICANT NEIGHBROHOODS WILL BE PRESERVED WITHIN THE CENTRAL THEME OF PROTECTING THE CHARACTER OF THAT NEIGHBORHOOD, WHILE OTHER NEIHBORHOODS DENSITY WILL BE INCREASED IN CAPACITY TO ACCOMMODATE MIXED USE AND MULT TI STORY BUILDINGS. AS COUNCILMAN AT LARGE I WOULD BE USING MY REAL ESTATE SKILLS IN SUPPORT OF PROGRAMS THAT PROVIDE INCENTIVES FOR INFILL & REDEVLOPMENT, THUS PRESERVING THE BLUEGRASS, AND PROVIDING AFFORABLE HOUSING FOR ALL.
3. Land use planning and economic development go hand-in-hand. What are the main economic pillars in Lexington and what specific planning policies support their growth? What specific policies do you support to ensure we create 21st jobs that maximize our unique assets?
I WILL INIATE SPECIFIC POLICIES AND PROCEDURES OF TAX BREAKS AND INCENTIVES FOR SMALL BUSINESS THEREBY CREATING JOBS TIMED WITH THE AVAILABILITY OF JOB TRANING SO AS TO INCREASE THE LEVELS OF SKILLED WORKERS AND REDUCING LEVELS OF PROVERTY REACHING SOCIAL EQUALTY; NEXT; HORSE COGNISANCE AKA EQUESTRIAN EVENTS INTO THE CENTER OF THE CITY WHICH WILL HEIGHTEN THE AWARENESS OF THE CITY’S GREATEST ASSESTS AND LEGACYS ON THE WORLD STAGE BEING HORSES! BY BRINGING HORSES AND HORSE RELATED EVENTS INTO THE CENTER OF CITY IT WILL ENHANCE THE PRECPTION AND CONFIRMATION OF LEXINGTON BEING THE HORSE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD OBTAINING SOCIAL EQUALTY ON INTERNATIONAL LEVEL FOR THE CITY OF LEXINGTON.
4. Why are you the best candidate for the position you seek?
NO OTHER CANDIDATE HAS THE HANDS ON EXPERIENCE WITH INFIELD DEVELOPMENT AND REDEVELOPMENT, NOR THE EDUCATION AND BACKGROUND THAN ME! AGAIN, I WILL USE MY LIFETIME OF EXPERENCE AS A REAL ESTATE PROFESSIONAL TO REACHINGTO MEETS THE NEEDS OF LEXINGTON GROWTH GOALS. I COME FROM HUMBLE BEGININGS, I AM A SELF MAN, AND I KNOW HOW TO GET THINGS DONE! WHEREBY THE LEVEL OF SOCIAL EQUALITY WILL INCREASE UNDER MY DIRECTION, WITH MORE PEOPLE HAVING AFFORABLE HOUSING INSIDE THE URBAN SERVICE AREA.
5. Like the rest of the nation, Lexington’s population is aging. In the next decade and beyond, a majority of households will be headed by someone 65 or older for the first time in our history. Our aging demographic has significant implications for housing and neighborhood design. What specific recommendations do you have to ensure we provide safe, accessible, affordable housing to our seniors in ways that ensure they maintain independence and social connections as they age?
LEXINGTON’S AGING POPULATION GROWTH CAN BE ACCOMMODATED WITH NEW HIGH RISE DEVELOPMENTSAIDED AND FUNDED WITH TAX BREAKS AND INCENTIVES THUS REACHING MY GOAL OF SOCIAL EQUALITY BY PROVIDING AFFORABLE HOUSING FOR LEXINGTON AGING POPULATION.
6. Fayette County agriculture is an annual $2.3 billion industry that supports one in twelve jobs in Lexington. Fayette County farmland is the factory-floor of this industry, which also anchors a burgeoning travel and tourism industry. To ensure continued viability of our agricultural industries, do you support an annual funding allocation to the Purchase of Development Rights Program? Why or why not. What other specific policies do you support to ensure the continued strength and growth of our agriculture industries?
I AM “NOT” IN FAVOR “PURCHASE OF DEVELOPMENT RIGHTS”; WE ARE CREATING FUTURE CIVIL RIGHTS SOCIAL PROBLEM; HEIGHTEN THE LEVEL OF, AND LACK, OF SOCIAL EQUALTY; WHEREBY THE 2018 COMPREHENSIVE PLAN, FALLS SHORT OF REACHING THE FUTURE GROWTH NEEDS, THIS CITY NEEDS TO GO UP NOT OUT ! IT GOING TO TAKE INCREASE INFRACTURE TO DO SO, INSTEAD OF PURCHASING DEVELOPMENT RIGHTS THE CITY SHOULD TAKE THAT FUNDING AND UPDATE ITS INFRACTURE HAVING GREATER SEWER CAPICITY INSIDE THE URBAN SERVICE AREA.