by Beth Musgrave, 3.29.16, Kentucky.com
Lexington officials remained mum Tuesday about what will happen Wednesday when a series of extensions on an April order to fill in the CentrePointe block expires.
Under an agreement, the city could fill in the hole if The Webb Companies fails to do so
The order was issued last Aprilafter city officials alleged no work had occurred on the long-delayed downtown project for 60 days. The developer vehemently denied that.
Susan Straub, a spokeswoman for the city, declined to say Tuesday whether the city would enforce the April fill-in order or has communicated with The Webb Companies.
Developer Dudley Webb said in an email Tuesday that work continued at the site. An email Webb received late Tuesday from Hunt Construction said that reinforcing bars, or rebar, had been installed on several of the columns for the parking garage and that the construction company should start pouring concrete for those columns as soon as Wednesday morning…Read more at Kentucky.com
The opinions expressed in the articles on this website are those of the authors and do not necessarily state or reflect the views of The Fayette Alliance. Publication on this website should not be considered an endorsement. The material and hypertext links provided are offered for informational purposes only as they contain information of interest to The Fayette Alliance and the general public. © The Fayette Alliance.